Is God calling you to be a Reader?
- Proclaim the Gospel
- Lead Worship
- Serve alongside parish clergy
- Minister in the work place
- Lay people
- Called to serve
- Theologically trained
- Preaching & teaching the Gospel
- Involved in Pastoral Ministry
- A bridge between the Church and the world
Candidates for Reader Ministry must be recommended by their parish priest and Parochial Church Council. They are selected at diocesan level and trained part time, usually over three years to obtain the nationally accredited Church of England Readers’ Certificate.
In some dioceses Readers are known by the alternative title of Licensed Lay Minister.
For more information explore: www.readers.cofe.anglican.org